[messages] Edit: [Module Design] Re: off board and pice resizing? help please! =)

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Thu Nov 25 18:19:39 MST 2010

[This message has been edited.]

> 1st, when i create a module and drag pieces from the list to the board
> it says they were created in the "off board" why is that? i play other
> modules and it never says that, how do i make my board not a "off
> board" and just a normal map/board?

Have you set up a grid of some kind on the board? If you haven't
established a grid or zones or region points or something on the map,
you'll always get an "off board" message as you haven't named the area
the piece is moving to.

> 2nd I have played a couple modules and see that the pieces can shrink
> once u drag them from the piece selection pallet onto the actual game
> board and then hover over them with your mouse and they become there
> normal size again. so my question is how do i make a game piece that
> can fit into a hex and then u hover over the pice with your mouse and
> it becomes the propper size...

Pieces don't shrink when you put them on a map. If it appears as if a
piece has gotten smaller when you put it on the map, then it's because
you are viewing the map at less than 100% zoom and, consequently, the
piece will look smaller as well.

To view the piece full size by holding the mouse over it, look in the
[Map Window] tree in the editor and you'll see an option for "Mouse-over
Stack Viewer". The properties on this will allow you to control the view
when you hold a mouse over pieces on that map.