[messages] [Developers] Re: Sending patch up-stream?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Nov 27 08:18:00 MST 2010

Thus spake danmey:

> We've been using VASSAL engine successfuly for quite while in our RPG
> Skype meetings, and we think it is a great tool for that purpose. One
> of us even created a generic RPG module for VASSAL.  That's said I am
> a programmer, and my RPG mates possibly could have a stream of small
> improvements to the VASSAL engine which might go through me.  I'd need
> to ask specificly Filip about a list of things I could work on, as we
> already spoke about it.  It'd would be just faster (and more fun) if I
> just implemented it, rather than making it a feature request, obviously
> I will ask you if you are OK for me to work on this feature before.
> So let me post later the list, and see if I could look at it.

It would be helpful for us to know beforehand what you plan to work on,
both to prevent duplication of effort (someone might already be working
on it) and to ensure that it's something we want to include.

We'd want to have a record of what's being done in the tracker anyway,
so regardless of who does it, it will end up there as a feature request.

> BTW: I assume that the forum the only way to communicate with you and
> there is not mailing list?

subscribe to from here:

The mailing list is bridged to the forum. I'm writing this reply to the
mailing list, for example.