[messages] [Developers] Re: Sending patch up-stream?

Wojciech Meyer wojciech.meyer at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 15:43:44 MST 2010

Joel Uckelman <uckelman at nomic.net> writes:

> Thus spake Wojciech Meyer:
>>
>> Some more description than a backtrace would be an useful addition :(
>
> If you can find a way to convince users to provide better descriptions
> with their bug reports, we'd love to hear it.

Maybe making the description mandatory, and stating (if it not stated)
somewhere that the users should try to reproduce the problem. Currently
submitting the bt is maybe a bit easy, means that bt alone is sometimes
useful, but most of the time it is hard to debug it without more input.
If the problem is showstopping then producing repro should be fairly
easy (if the user is not that lazy, but most of them are too lazy to
bother, unfortunately).

>> Anyways, I am looking at the backlog.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Wait, until first bug will be fixed.