[messages] [General Discussion] Re: Testers for VASSAL 3.1.15

Wojciech Meyer wojciech.meyer at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:42:55 MST 2010

Joel Uckelman <uckelman at nomic.net> writes:

> Thus spake Wojciech Meyer:
>> >
>> > Could you sumarize it for me? (Possibly on a different thread.)
>>
>> Yes, I can, it will be my high priority task for next few days.
>> Thanks for interests!
>
> Great. When I put that thread into Google Translate, it comes out
> as "My hovercraft is full of eels."

Oh, it is not an eel it's a bug! :) Fortunately, the guy who's written
that is an English teacher and my English is too bad (at least we are
better than the google translator!).

So yes I will do it at some point, probably I will not cover everything
what's been said there, because it is a *lot* of very well formalised
ideas.  The general idea is that we use VASSAL in a slightly different
setting than most users do, because although we play boardgames as
Carcassone with VASSAL but main purpose of VASSAL for us is to play
Indie/RPG games.  Filip has some very successful (unpublished!) Indie
systems , that we were playtesting with a great help of VASSAL, he is
also an author of the `Bucket of dice' module, which we normally use to
play these games.

Wojciech