[messages] [Feature Requests] Re: Minor issue - Return to Deck Trait

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 30 09:19:49 MST 2010

"uckelman" wrote:

> "DrNostromo" wrote:
> > This is a minor issue and is more cosmetic than a bug.
> >
> > The Return to Deck trait is misleading in that, by it's name, it
> > implies it would be used to return a card back to it's originating
> > deck. In actuality the trait can be used to send a card to any deck.
> >
> > This issue has come up a couple times when I've been helping new
> > designers figure things out. I would suggest changing the name of
> > the trait from
> >
> > Return to Deck

> > Send to Deck
>

> Hey, guys? Can I get some comments on this? Would anyone object if I
> made this change in 3.2.0?

We would need a way to be backward compatible, or have a function in
vassal that understands the trait name change for older modules not
upgraded.

It was my understanding the trait list was so archaic we were going to
go through all of it and fix/rename as appropriate anyways. This makes
sense to do for 3.2