[messages] [Module Design] Re: counter creation

krenshala krenshala at koboldi.net
Tue Nov 30 11:56:22 MST 2010

So, I've been thinking more on how I can have a single set of counters
that when placed on the board indicate which side they belong to.

I thought at first that just using a Layer that displays a specific
counter "background" image for each side would work ... until I
discovered that you can't place the Layer trait higher on the list than
Basic Peice.  :roll:   Thinking about it further, I decided to still try
and use a Layer trait.  Instead of a full background image, since it
would hide the actual tile image, I thought I'd use an image that was
mostly transparent instead.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the best way to tell the Layer trait
which layer-image to use based on the owning player of the piece.  Can
the Property Name just use $playerSide$ = <sideX> to have it display the
desired layer for <sideX>?