[messages] [Module Design] Re: Place Marker Problem

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Tue Nov 30 18:06:25 MST 2010

> The problem is that though I have offset the Place Marker, it still
> seems to snap to the center of the hex that it both initially appears
> on and when dragged to the battle hex. I am trying to get it to be
> more free floating for ease of movement and for a clear indication of
> what it actually is...but no matter what I do, it still seems to snap
> to the center (actually, just a little below and to the left of
> center).

Place a Do Not Stack trait on the Ammunition Icon and check the box that
says, "Ignore map grid when moving."

> While I am on the same matter. I would also like that when the player
> does select this "Support Battle" option, the artillery's ammunition
> (which is a layer item attached to the piece) to decrease by
> one...can't seem to get that to work either?

Make sure your Layer trait has "Level follows Property Value" checked
and let's say the Property Name is Ammo. Then use a Dynamic Property
trait for that value giving it the name Ammo and set up a Key Command to
increment Ammo by -1 when triggered.

On the Artillery Unit's Place Marker trait, add this key command to the
entry "Keystroke to apply after placement". Make sure the Dynamic
Property trait resides above the Layer trait on the Ammunition Icon.