[messages] [Feature Requests] Re: ADC2 to VASSAL Coversion

cgmclellan cgmclellan2000 at knology.net
Mon Oct 4 14:34:42 MST 2010

I am going to need to explain myself better in regards to the map.

It is not the "image" of a map that I want to use in another module, it
is the grid coordinates. The map images are the same in both modules.

As I reported once before, the supply units in an Afrika Korps module
imported from ADC2 were not imported correctly. Both the German and the
Allied supply units used the same image -- the German one. I did not
discover this until after I had gone over the whole Afrika Korp map --
all 2500+ hexes -- establishing the grid coordinates as irregular grid.
This is an exhaustive, manual task requiring many strokes to change a
single coordinate -- well over 50,000 clicks. I changed the Symbol Names
in the ADC2 module and imported the module again. Now the units are
correct, but this map does not have the grid coordinates that I
laboriously established on the former AK map.

I do not want to go through the process of doing all those coordinates
again.

Is there any way to transfer the map with the grid coordinates (or just
the coordinates) from one map to the other?