[messages] [Module Support] Re: Ambush Mod will not load map Vassal 3 - !!!Fix Found!!!

Kihon cs.mccann at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 5 15:18:29 MST 2010

Hi,

I know this is an old post but just had the same problem and was able to
fix it using a combination of the above solutions so thought I'd post
here exactly what I did for people like me that have no idea about
editing vassal modules!!!
Its basically what the previous poster said EXCEPT at the point of
selecting the default board you actually choose a board and then
un-choose it as 'thecleaner' said in his post.

Here is the process it looks long but it's easy just follow step by
step;

Run Vassal.
Click File
Choose Edit module.
In the pop up window select the 'Ambush.vmod' file located in your
modules folder within the vassal program folder.
In the VASSAL Module Editor window click the key type symbol beside
'Playing Surface [Map Window]' entry to expand this directory.
Double click the [Map Boards] entry to open the properties window.
Click on the 'Select Default Board Setup' button to bring up the board
picker.
Select Map A (or B) from the drop down 'Select board' field.
Click OK to close pop up.
Click OK to close 'Map Boards' pop up.
Double click the [Map Boards] entry to open the properties window.
Click on the 'Select Default Board Setup' button to bring up the board
picker.
DO NOT Select a map.
Click OK to close pop up
Click OK to close 'Map Boards' pop up.
Click File.
Choose Save.
Click 'X' in top right hand corner to close editor.
Now when you start Ambush module you can click the 'NEXT' button to
choose your map A or B.

Cheers
Ciaran.