[messages] [Module Design] Re: Which modules use NATO-style counters without image files?

scs sstrait1 at san.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 22:43:56 MST 2010

The phrase "without image files" turned out to be misleading. VASSAL
builds an image file if you use the module editor to create
a game piece. I should have asked how to make NATO-style game pieces
without providing externally generated images of them.

Because I never could figure out how to make game pieces efficiently,
I've been exploring how to draw them using a perl script
that first generates postscript, then runs ghostscript (a linux
postsript interpretor) to make png files.  If there's interest, I could
post some code. I works, but has some limitations and does not produce
beautiful art.

Stewart (scs)