[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Help, Vassal won't load the game board

MikeH hadfield.mike at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:04:30 MST 2010

Hi guys,

I've been having a problem with Vassal the last few days, something I've
never experienced before.  What happens is anytime I try to load a new
scenario, or a savegame, or any new game, the game board doesn't show
up.  I can still access all the tools and icons across the top, but
nothing actually loads up.  This happens across all modules, and whether
i'm online or offline.  I've reinstalled Vassal, and downloaded new
modules, all with no change.

It seems like the board is about to load, and I think as far as Vassal
knows, everything has loaded fine.  For instance, this is what it looks
like when i try to load a new scenario:

 - BattleLore version 1.2
 - Extension CalltoArms v1.0 loaded
 - Extension Epic_Battle v1.6 loaded
 - Extension Medieval_Wars v1.2 loaded
 - Loaded 01-Agincourt

The game asks me which side to join, resizes the main window(which it
has always done), lags a bit as if loading(as it has always done), but
then simply fails to load the game board.  I've been running this
version of Vassal for about a month with no problems.

Any thoughts on what this might be?  Any help would be greatly
appriciated.

My Specs:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61
Windows Xp
Intel Core 2Duo CPU, T7300 @ 2 Ghz
Memory: 1 GB of RAM
Video Card:  Not sure.... whatever came with the machine
Vassal : 3.1.14
Java: 1.6.0_16
Module:  ALL