[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Help, Vassal won't load the game board

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Oct 6 14:27:39 MST 2010

Thus spake MikeH:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been having a problem with Vassal the last few days, something I've
> never experienced before.  What happens is anytime I try to load a new
> scenario, or a savegame, or any new game, the game board doesn't show
> up.  I can still access all the tools and icons across the top, but
> nothing actually loads up.  This happens across all modules, and whether
> i'm online or offline.  I've reinstalled Vassal, and downloaded new
> modules, all with no change.

One thing you should try is updating Java. You're running a rather old
verison. The current version is 1.6.0_21. (This might not have anything
to do with your problem, but there have been a lot of bugfixes since
the version you're running.)

The second thing to check is whether you're getting anything in the
errorLog. Look under the Help menu in the Module Manager for that.