[messages] [Module Design] Re: Cropping and using Transparency

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Oct 7 14:59:26 MST 2010

Thus spake Extralean:
> Tried following the instructions but the instructions are for an older
> version of GIMP and the new program does not exactly do what it shown in
> the tutorial. For instance, layering does not show me two seperate
> images as shown in the diagram.

Please be more specific.

Which version of GIMP are you using? The screenshots are from 2006, so
that's likely to be GIMP 2.2. Current GIMP is 2.6, but I see nothing in the
tutorial which wouldn't be applicable to 2.6 as well.

To which of the 21 screenshots are you referring when you say "as shown in
the diagram"? Where is the first point at which you're no longer able to
follow the directions?