[messages] [General Discussion] Re: Combat Commander module unplayable

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Oct 12 02:11:50 MST 2010

Thus spake pmiranda:
> I'm gonna answer my own post, hehe... Is there any chance the module
> will play faster if my PC has more RAM, a faster processor, a faster
> video card? Or is VASSAL limited anyway in how it can use those
> resources?

Can you describe your machine? What processor? How much RAM?

> What are the ideal settings under "preferences"?

To what do you have your max heap set?

I can tell you that the problems you're seeing likely don't all have
the same cause. Synching with another player is probably slow because
the data has to be sent via the game server, and right now our internet
connection is saturated. The other things will hvae more local reasons.