[messages] [General Discussion] Re: Download speed

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Oct 14 10:19:19 MST 2010

Thus spake ktodd:
> Please let us know several days in advance if you switch to BitTorrent
> as Comcast customers will not be able to download.

The plan wasn't to switch to BitTorrent exclusively, but rather to offer it
as a (much faster) download alternative.

Comcast's treatment of BitTorrent traffic is a prime example of why you
should ask your congresspeople to support net neutrality.

How much do you know about the details of what Comcast does? If their
throttling is based on amount of traffic, then I doubt that downloading
VASSAL modules would trigger it---two or three people downloading movies
for a day could esaily produce as much traffic as our whole site sees for
module downloads over the same period.