[messages] [Module Design] Weird save issues all of a sudden...

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Mon Oct 18 09:33:29 MST 2010

On Oct 16, 2010, at 12:31 PM, eekamouse wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been designing a mod with great success so far, but I am starting
> to see some strange things, with the module ignoring what's saved
> when I
> actually try to run the module. It seems to pick and choose what
> changes
> I am making even though when I load the module in the editor it still
> has the changes I made previously. It's almost like it is just
> ignoring
> certain changes and not others.

How are you running the module to test this?

I have seen reports that there are some changes which you will not see
if you run the module out of the editor.  You may need to save the
module and run it separately to seem them.  This makes testing a bit
more tedious.

Perhaps one of the more experienced module designers could elaborate?

The bottom line is that you can't be sure what the module will look
like until you close the editor and reopen the module in the player.