[messages] [Module Design] Using others code

Timothy Mccarron timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 18 11:19:24 MST 2010

you are stating using the extension in two different ways.

" I want to use some the features of that edited module for SPQR" and
" however I am still a bit fuzzy as to how an extension could be applied to
another module"

So which is it?

Do you want to use the existing extension your friend has created "as is" with
your module or do you want to use certain features you find in the extension
only?

If it is the former "as is" you just right click your module in the module
manager and select add extension. This assumes how it is set up is totally
compatible with whatever you are using it for and the extension has been marked
as usable by any module. Youll know if its not when you try to play using it...

 If it is the latter (features only) you must edit the extension just like you
would a module, see what they did to create the feature(s) you want to use, then
edit your module/new extension whatever and recreate it there verbatim if it is
exactly what you want to do.