[messages] [General Discussion] Re: [General Discussion] Java Deprecated by Apple

mkiefte mkiefte at dal.ca
Thu Oct 21 12:49:54 MST 2010

That actually wouldn't solve the problem.  It would appear that MacOS is
leaning towards the iTunes method of software installation.  I'm not
sure that anyone in their right mind would want to go that path. Granted
this is just a rumour, but it is consistent with depricating Java on
MacOS as I can see that they would actually want to get rid of
interpreted/VM software entirely.

That being said, hypothetically, how exactly could one convert VASSAL to
anything?   And what would it be?  I'm a little surprised that you
tossed that out there without convulsing violently.

- M.

[1] http://www.macrumors.com/2010/10/21/app
[2] mailto:java-dev at lists.apple.com