[messages] [General Discussion] Re: [General Discussion] Java Deprecated by Apple

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Oct 21 13:48:42 MST 2010

Thus spake mkiefte:

> That being said, hypothetically, how exactly could one convert VASSAL to
> anything?   And what would it be?  I'm a little surprised that you
> tossed that out there without convulsing violently.

In the long run, I think the important thing is the data structures and
the file format. The app itself is built on those. Given the amount of
work I suspect that all of the planned disentangling will be, I'm not
sure that it would be less work rewriting it all in a different language.
There's basically nothing hard algorithms-wise in VASSAL.