[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Lost Connection to Server

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Sat Oct 23 07:55:52 MST 2010

I've had this problem for the 3 years I've used Vassal and no one seems
to know why. I would imagine it has something to do with the way our ISP
deals with passive connections or some piece of equipment (router, etc)
that's causing the break but, as far as I know, it's never been
identified. I know it's not Vassal ...they've stated on a number of
occasions they have nothing going on that would cause that.

If I want to maintain a connection to the server, I usually just ping it
every few minutes. If I'm in a game and I'm going to leave for a while,
I'll tell my opponent not to change anything and then just re-synch to
them when I get back.

Unless something new has come up, that's about the best we can do.