[messages] [General Discussion] Re: Combat Commander module unplayable

pmiranda pierre.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 12:54:17 MST 2010

Just wanted to update you on this performance issue.
I upgraded to an Intel Core i5 650 (3.2GHz 3.2GHz) system with 8GB RAM
running 64-bits Windows 7 and the performance increase is literally
unbelievable.

When it could take about 5 minutes to save a log, it now takes about 5
seconds..!
I'm now a happy Combat Commander player again!  :wink:

However, I am still facing serious issues with the VASSAL server
(yesterday, my opponent and I just gave up after spending 30 minutes
trying to synch without success).
Maybe a P2P connection would fare better, but we are unfortunately
pretty illiterate about firewalls and such, and we could not make it
work.