[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Stacking problem - with demo module and log

Herodian kilobravofoxtrot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 12:04:32 MST 2010

Vassal version 3.1.14
Java 1.6.0_21 (Sun)
Windows Vista, 4G of ram
Module:  I first noticed the behavior in Revolt on Antares, but I did
not identify how to reproduce it.  It happens consistently in a module I
am creating, so I made a simple reference module to try to track down
what I had done wrong.  As it turns out, the behavior can be duplicated
consistently even in the simple module.

Disclaimer:  I am new to Vassal, so I beg your patience on this one if
this isn't news.  I searched in the bug list on sourceforge and this
forum, and did not find this problem reported.

__Problem__:  Units will form into a stack by dragging them together,
but then they will not move together as a stack unless I first highlight
a different map window.

__Steps to reproduce__:
(See these steps in action in the module and log file)
Stacking Test Module[1]
Stacking Test Log File[2]

  * Drag one counter on top of another
  * observe that they snap together into a stack
  * Drag the stack
  * __observe that only the top counter of the stack moves, leaving the
rest of the stack behind (incorrect behavior)__
  * Drag the counters back together
  * observe that they once again snap together to form a stack
  * Select the second map board
  * Back on the main map board, drag the stack
  * __observe that the stacked pieces now move together as one (correct
behavior)__
  * The units will now move together unless the stack is taken apart and
re-formed by double-clicking, in which case the problem can be
duplicated again consistently.

That's it.  I hope this is helpful.
Thanks,
Herodian