[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Stacking problem - with demo module and log

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Fri Oct 29 12:24:56 MST 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at 12:04 PM, Herodian wrote:

> __Problem__:  Units will form into a stack by dragging them together,
> but then they will not move together as a stack unless I first
> highlight
> a different map window.
>
> __Steps to reproduce__:
> (See these steps in action in the module and log file)
> Stacking Test Module[1]
> Stacking Test Log File[2]
>

> * Drag one counter on top of another
> * observe that they snap together into a stack
> * Drag the stack
> * __observe that only the top counter of the stack moves, leaving the
> rest of the stack behind (incorrect behavior)__

I believe that this is the designed behavior.  The reason for it is to
prevent moving units from "picking up" any other units that they move
over top of.  So only the top unit(s) stay selected.  If you observe
closely, you should see that although the units snap together for
stacking, only the original moving units are selected.

To pick up the stack, you shouldn't have to select another map
window.  You will just need to make sure you select the entire stack.
You can do this in one of several ways:
   1. Dragging a rectangle around the entire stack
   2. Clicking on a blank part of the map to deselect the unit and
then clicking on the stack
   3. Double-clicking to open the stack and then selecting additional
units (with shift-click)