[messages] [Module Design] Problems with "Does Not Stack" property

Bullman bullman at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 2 07:12:09 MST 2011

Hello

I have been editing a mod and have tried to use the "Place Marker"
property associated to a playing piece to place what essentially should
be a just a map overlay marker.  In the "Define Marker" window of the
"Place Marker" property, I used the "Does Not Stack" property to try and
make this marker both unselectable, unstackable and unmovable, so it
does not effect the selection/stacking/movement of other markers in the
same or nearby map hexes.  In the "Place Marker" window I select "Place
Marker"-> "On bottom of stack" and in the "Does Not Stack" property
window I select "never" for both "Select Piece" and "Move Piece".

However when the "Place Marker" command is activated, the marker can be
selected and moved.  Further, when placed, I can no longer select the
playing piece which is in that hex (it should be ABOVE the marker).
It's as if the placed marker "covers" the playing pieces rather than
sits below them, preventing me from selecting the playing piece.

Any hints as to how to resolve this?

Cheers

Bullman