[messages] [Module Design] Re: Game Pieces as Locations?

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Sat Jul 2 20:20:44 MST 2011

Hi,

It's not too hard.

You will need to use the capability in a Map the issues a Key Stroke to every counter that ends it's movement on that map. Say this is Ctrl-A. Most of your pieces will just ignore Ctrl-A, but the terrain cards will have a Set Global Property trait keyed to Ctrl-A. Just enter the Global Property Name as Loc and create a new Key Command with a Key Command of Ctrl-A, a type of 'Set value directly' and a New Value of $PieceName$. This can be set up in a prototype.

Now, when a you drop a terrain piece into a zone, the map will send it Ctrl-A which will activate the Set Global property trait to place the name of the terrain Card into the Loc property of the Zone.

The default action of Set Global Property works by trying first to find the named Property in the current zone. If it does not exist, it checks the current map, then if still not found, it checks for global properties.

Regards,
Brent.