[messages] [Module Design] Re: Variables / Property Names in place of Actual Values

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Mon Jul 4 08:18:08 MST 2011

Strangely, there are a few places where a variable won't work when you
expect they would. The oddest one that I've had to work around on
several occasions is in the Global Key Command trait.

If you use a GKC to send a command to a deck of cards, for instance, you
can send the command to all pieces or a fixed number of pieces. This
fixed number has to be a integer value ...in cannot be a variable.

In a Layer trait, Property Name must be a numeric integer variable and
Level 1 = must be an integer (no variable).

Those are the two that come to mind immediately. I'm sure there are
others but I don't recall running into them yet.