[messages] [Module Design] Re: Counting a variable number of pieces in a defined zone

Ektelioth ektelioth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:44:15 MST 2011

First, thanks for the advice! True, the only thing I need is some way to
count these points, but as you say, using some global variables and +/-
buttons linked to the zones is easier to code and I wanted to improve my
knowledge of Vassal :) Moreover, the feeling of the games is always
better if the way used to play with Vassal is close to the real one,
which is another reason why I wanted to do it that way  :D

But to my mind the most obvious reason is that tokens give information
just by looking at them directly, and my counting problem is only to
have a more detailed breakdown of the score in each zone (when you have
4 counters one one side, 3 on the other, 5 in the last and that you have
to count the same sort of result in each zone, it is sometimes easier to
look at a window than to move each token to count them).

Once again, thanks for the idea ;)