[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] mac zipped files not recognized

paul88 yoshiki_ni at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 00:20:46 MST 2011

First of I'm working on a imac G5 running osx 10.5.8

I unzipped a mod I'm working on to get rid of some images that I changed
and when I re-zipped it and renamed it to .vmod vassal would no longer
recognize it.

I get this error '/Users/paul/Desktop/High_Fantasy.vmod' is not a valid
VASSAL module.

Now I'm thinking that it's because the mac archive feature uses some
extra meta data than the standard pc zip and this may be the problem.

I tried using yemuzip which is supposed to get rid of this extra meta
data but had the same result.

Does anybody know anything about this ?

Is there a workaround ?

Am I off base and this is not the actual problem ?

Or do I need to throw it on a thumbdrive and run across town and do it
on a friends pc ?

Thanks for any help.