[messages] [Developers] Re: VASSAL 4 model description

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Jul 20 17:31:24 MST 2011

If I understand Joel's thinking, we will be looking at a model where any
players PC can become a server. Sort of like online multi-player games
where one player sets up as a server and everyone else connects to him.
The Central Vassal server would then become more of a 'tracker' that
lists what player servers are running (and marked as  public) and what
games are being played. Since every Vassal instance can potentially be a
server, then if the current server goes down, the other Vassal instances
should be able to negotiate with each other and 'choose' a new server.