[messages] [Developers] Re: VASSAL 4 model description

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Jul 20 17:55:02 MST 2011

Re: Actions. From the sound of it, you are suggesting that all actions
will be implemented by writing code/scripts?

I don't quite understand how you intend to implement the variety of
behavior we have now. I suspect a lot of the basic traits could be
folded into one mega-structure (eg. delete/clone/mark when moved) etc.
How will other behaviors be added to a counter and how will they
interact with each other. While the Decorator pattern has drawbacks, it
provides and extremely rich set of interactions (eg. a rotatatable
counter with a seperately rotating turret, all with a label that does
not rotate).

Presumably one of the properties the model of a counter will have to
provide is an image that represents the current view of the counter?
This image may be different on different clients, depending on counter
ownership etc.