[messages] [General Discussion] Re: PBEM logfile

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 21 10:27:26 MST 2011

"enric" wrote:
> Tim
>
> When you refers to
> <<
> This is relevant to your questions
> http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Faq_ge[1] ... 27_work.3F
> >>
>  After reading it,
> "Resigning disassociates your password from the side",
> so I think this is not the way to change sides in the log file.

You are totally misunderstanding the point about sides.

A side is still a side, pbem (log files) or live. You cannot expect what
you are doing to work properly testing by yourself without retiring from
the side you own before you are allowed to take ownership of another
side. That is the root of your problem

"enric" wrote:

> the paragraph that begins with
> <<When you create a new game, … is associated with that side in that
> game and is saved (safely encrypted) in the save file…>>
>
> Also I not understand well the difference between a "save file" and
> "logfile", which should I send to my opponent?
>
> MacOS 10.6.8
> Vassal 3.1.15

You would send your opponent the log file. The log file includes all the
recorded moves / information that has occured since starting that they
would want to see happen. A save file is just a static snapshot at the
point and time it was created of the game state

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Faq_ge