[messages] Edit: [Module Support] Help to set global properties

vedra naginata9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:43:34 MST 2011

[This message has been edited.]

Hi,

I just started to learn how to create a new module in Vassal, so
probably this is a stupid question. I'm working in a board game where
some pieces, while they are still on the board, give a certain ammount
of points of a global property called "orders". So my objective is  a
key command that, once activated by the player at the beginning of the
turn, sums the points of all pieces on the borad that have "order"
points.

First of all, i created the global property in the main tree of the
module and activated the numeric option with values between 0 and 100.
After that I created the trait "set global property" in those pieces,
indicating the location in the current module and setting a key command
to increment the numeric value of that property in X points.

It doesn't work, and no message appears in the main window. I am not
sure if i'm doing the correct steps or if there is something wrong in
the way I filled the text commands.

Any help and ideas will be really appreciated.

Thanks.