[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Further Explanation of Workaround Needed Please

redjack11 troyrhughes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 19:09:38 MST 2011

Regarding this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4192[1]

Rather than post another topic with the same problem, I followed along
with the original poster, since my problem and system were nearly
identical. All of the things he was told to try and do, I did and got
the same results. That topic ended with a workaround solution, and there
I got lost.

To quote the previous post:

> We determined that Java isn't getting the right value for the
> user.home
> property here. A temporary solution is to specify it on the command
> line
> with
>
> -Duser.home=/path/to/home/dir

Can someone explain to me what to enter and where to enter it to start
VASSAL until a new update fixes the problem? I know just enough about
command lines and windows to be dangerous... :shock:

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4192