[messages] [Developers] Re: How to become a Vassal developper

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sun Jul 31 08:40:24 MST 2011

Thus spake zov66:
> Okay, so basically one can't download each one of the trunks and expect
> them to work as is.

Not together, no. They're not synchronized. The VASSAL trunk is ahead
of the VASL trunk.

> So that means then that the project is broke. So I
> need to SVN down only the branches and they should all work?

No. There are likely to be many branches which don't work.

> Kind of confusing, seems like one could download (SVN) down the trunk
> and it should compile with out all these issues and then add in the
> branches.

I think you're misunderstanding what the branches are. For VASSAL, each
branch started as a copy of the trunk at some point in the past. They're
not meant to work together---each one is a complete copy of VASSAL.

> So I need to delete all that I have SVN down and only SVN down the
> branches correct? And that will cure everything?

The VASL trunk should compile aginst the VASSAL 3.1 branch.