[messages] [Module Design] Getting offboard back on board

rddfxx psdobbins at cox.net
Tue Mar 1 09:41:15 MST 2011

I've been developing my first Vassal module. Things are going pretty
well, but I notice that when I drag a new piece from the game piece
palette to the mainmap board, I get the expected [name of the piece]
"created off-board" report. However when I move the piece on the game
map, it generates a [piece name] moves "off board" to "off board"
report. In other words, the game piece is not linked to the main map or
the move reporter is not linking the piece to the map by name. I must
have missed a simple step, but I'm still looking.....