[messages] [Module Support] Twilight Struggle 3.0.9a and PBEM

Michael Kiefte mkiefte at dal.ca
Fri Mar 4 03:17:29 MST 2011

Apparently some people are trying to play via PBeM, but I can't support it because it seems like it would be quite difficult in some parts. For many actions, one of the players sees a dialog pop up that asks a specific question like "What card would you like to draw from the discard pile". Those dialogs won't appear unless both computers are connected to the internet. So if your playing via PBeM, you will have to do a number of things manually.  So you can do it but it will be a pain. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that would be a total show stopper--I'm just not going to support it and I'm not going to fix bugs that are caused by it until I get a special PBeM mode working.

I am working on something that will work for PBeM, but it's not ready yet.  Keep in mind, most things will actually work. The things that won't work are those events when the person who is not on line is supposed to receive a dialog.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the module page, you will see much older modules that will support PBeM.

- M.