[messages] [General Discussion] Re: Example of Counting Expressions in a Deck

BigAl737 akcannamores at ak.net
Fri Mar 4 17:42:55 MST 2011

> The feature you refer to can only be used on decks and is only found
> on the deck dialog (naturally). Therefore I am puzzled as to how you
> would (or even could) use this feature to count the number of pieces
> that are on a map (which isn't the same as a deck) like you say you
> want to

My mistake in phrasing the question. I meant to count the number of
pieces in a Deck. I didn't know how to report this but learned a neat
thing from the Carcassonne module. A text label does the job nicely.

In the example below I've created an at start stack on the Ump Only
board. I've expanded out the attributes of the Text Label. (An image is
not required to be assigned to this piece)

<!-- ia2 -->PieceCounterTextLabel.jpg<!-- ia2 -->

I positioned this stack just underneath the coffee cup on the Ump Only
map. The Coffee Cup tracks pieces in the deck that are assigned marker
value of "target = true"

<!-- ia1 -->CoffeeCupDeckAttributes.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

Now for every piece in the coffee cup with this marker, the text label
will report the total to me on the Ump Only window

<!-- ia0 -->CoffeeCupCounter.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Hope that is helpful for someone.

Allan