[messages] [Module Design] Re: Invisible Opacity Level

BigAl737 akcannamores at ak.net
Sun Mar 6 15:15:37 MST 2011

I've been experimenting with other options to achieve the same affect
but to no avail. All options haven't worked or introduce too many other
issues. I've tried map level Game Piece Layers, Masks, and transparent
piece layers.

I found a similar capability that's what I want in another VASSAL
option. When using the LOS thread you have an option to vary the opacity
of units on the map. I've appended a line from the build file that seems
to apply to this option. In my example I selected an opacity of 37% and
that seems to correlate with the hideOpacity="37" listing in the line of
code.

Is there a way to generate a similar setting for invisible game pieces?
I wish I was a programmer. I think the answer could be a fairly simple
edit to the Invisible portion of the VASSAL programming code. I'm hoping
an edit could be made to the build file code to achieve this result.
Obviously though I'm in the dark about what this would take.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

Allan

<VASSAL.build.module.map.LOS_Thread drawRange="true" global="Never"
hideCounters="true" hideOpacity="37" hotkey="82,195"
iconName="/images/thread.gif" label="" persistence="Never"
persistentIconName="" rangeBg="0,0,0" rangeFg="255,255,255" report=""
round="Nearest whole number" scale="0" snapEnd="true" snapStart="true"
threadColor="255,255,51" threadName="Range" tooltip="Click/Drag to find
range in hexes"/>