[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal doesn't open =[

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Mar 8 12:37:12 MST 2011

Thus spake kroen1987:
> sigh... version 6 update 24

Thank you. I've had people tell me before that they're running the "latest"
version when they're not; I've also had it happen that a new update has been
released since the last time I checked myself. Having a version number
ensures that we're talking about the same version.

To troubleshoot this, we need to determine a few things:

Can you run Java from a terminal? Bring up a terminal window (one way is
to go to Run and type 'cmd'). Type 'java -version' at the prompt and hit
enter. What you you get as output?