[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal doesn't open =[

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Mar 8 13:19:06 MST 2011

Thus spake kroen1987:
> java version "1.6.0_24"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

This means your JVM appears to be working. That's good.

>From within the terminal, change directories to where you installed
VASSAL. The default install location is C:\Program Files\VASSAL. If
you didn't change the install location, that's where it will be.

So, in the terminal:

  cd C:\Program Files\VASSAL

If you type 'dir', you should see VASSAL.exe and a directory called 'lib'.

Now, we're going to try running VASSAL manaully, without it's launcher.
Type this at the prompt:

  javaw -client -cp lib/Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager

What happens when you do that?