[messages] [Feature Requests] Re: Evaluate properties in initial value of Dynamic Property

bobd bob__davison at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:06:36 MST 2011

I wanted a text label that would display the piece name when in the game
piece palette. It should be set to empty when on the map as the map will
be zoomed and I will be using the mouse over stack viewer to identify
pieces.

I intended to have a text label whose value was a dynamic property with
the dynamic property having an initial value of $PieceName$ and a key
command to set the value to empty, the key command being triggered by
movement ending on the map.

Unfortunately my cunning plan doesn't work as the text label displays
'$PieceName$' rather than the actual name of the piece.