[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Cut & Paste in Module Editor not working for custom subclass

george973 george973 at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 09:38:41 MST 2011

When using a custom subclass of PieceSlot (in order to override piece
dragging to display number of hexes dragged) I found I was unable to
paste a piece after cutting or copying it.

Investigating the error is due to the custom class not being recognised
as a valid class of configurable at the location where it is to be
pasted, even though it is a subclass of a valid class.

The error is in VASSAL.configure.ConfigureTree at line 839:

should be

if (c[i].isAssignableFrom(child.getClass())) {

instead of

if (c[i] == child.getClass()) {

so that subclasses can be substituted for the standard class.