[messages] [Module Design] Module Map Repaint Very Slow

mroyer mroyer1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 17:19:46 MST 2011

As a noob on my first module attempt I've run into an issue.

When I load up the module to play and put a bunch of counters on the
map, the computer bogs down and takes a very long time to repaint the
map as move it around.  At first I thought it was the map size (an 8 MB
jpg) so I did some cleaning of the scan and got the map down to about 3
MB and still the same problem, although not quite as bad.

So, I went extreme and created a one-color "map" image the same pixel
size of the original map.  The pseudo-map is only a 42 KB jpg image.  I
loaded it and it also exhibits the issue.  So, perhaps it's counters?
Each counter is about a 4 KB jpg image.  I have perhaps 150 on the map
which doesn't seem like an excessive amount to me.

Besides counters and map, could anything else be driving this issue?
(My computer is a new Dell precision M4500 laptop.)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

-Mark R.