[messages] [Developers] Re: New developer

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Mar 18 07:16:55 MST 2011

Thus spake lancel:
> Joel,
> The other errors from the same MemoryUtils.java are similar to the one
> below:
> Access restriction: The method getTotalPhysicalMemorySize() from the
> type OperatingSystemMXBean is not accessible due to restriction on
> required library C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\rt.jar.
> Lance

I think this page has your answer:

http://lkamal.blogspot.com/2008/09/eclipse-access-restriction-on-library.html

In the long run, we need to stop using both of those classes.

For the latter one, if you know of a library which will tell us the
amount of installed RAM on the system---one which works on all platforms
we support---I'd be happy to start using it.