[messages] [Module Support] Twilight Struggle: two issues

zschub mattb at classforge.com
Fri Mar 18 16:38:39 MST 2011

Hi Michael,
             I am continuing to enjoy your TS Deluxe implementation -
thank you for your work.

We hit two issues along the way:

1. With the Formosan Resolution in play, the Asian region domination
marker does not reflect the actual count of Battleground countries. I
wondered if it's possible to augment the code with some logic to handle
this (US controls Taiwan, event has not yet been cancelled by US play of
the China card)?

Scoring was correct however - which is of credit to you! :-)

2. The second one was much more difficult: we arrived at a situation
where the US player was holding the Puppet Governments card in his hand.
However, the card in his hand had *no* right click options to play it.
Alas I don't recall how we arrived at the situation and it may be that
us users arrived there in an odd way or a small bug.

None the less, this was enormously frustrating. We agreed that the US
should play the card manually by dragging the card to the board and
implementing the effects (effectively bypassing the rules structure that
the module enforces - but we had no other way of doing this). But we
couldn't end the action round because of a lock that says "The US player
has not played a card" or something to that end.

We tried numerous workarounds:
- extensive undo's to try to get back to the point where the problem
started,
- save and relaunch in the hope that the state would no persist through
the reload,
- using the controls to manipulate the action round with Turn (clock
icon) dialog and the right click controls on the action marker itself,
- and again with both players attempting same.

But no joy - the US player has not played a card but the card in his
hand was not playable via a right click.

What do you think?

Perhaps a mechanism to *force* the action round forward?
A means to "reenable" a card within the hand to make it playable?
Or sending the source so that I can run one client in the debugger in
case of such blues again?

Should the problem reoccur (and we saw a couple of other odd things with
Bear Trap and Missile Envy in the headline phase), I'll try to capture
more info on the sequence of events - or does the .vsav have enough in
it for you to see the state? In which case I could send you the save
state whilst the problem was in evidence.

Thanks and regards,

   matt