[messages] [Developers] Re: Tracker ids 3463, 3465 and 3472

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Mar 19 08:57:26 MST 2011

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:
> Thus spake bobd:
> > Sorry about no commit message, the eclipse plugin didn't prompt me for a
> > message and I didn't think about it until after I had committed all of
> > the changes.  I will have to research how to add commit messages before
> > I do anymore work.
> >
> > Bug 3463 - Infinite recursion if $PieceName$ specified as Text Label
> > SVN revision 7658
> >
> > Bug 3465 - Empty DynamicProperty causes IllegalStateException on loading
> > SVN revision 7659
>
> There's a problem with this commit, namely that you've entirely replaced
> SequenceEncoder.java instead of commiting just the changed lines. I'm
> not sure how you did that, as it's not what I would expect to happen by
> default.

I see what's wrong: You're saving files with DOS newlines instead of
UNIX ones. All of our source files use UNIX newlines; if you're using
DOS newlines, it screws up diffs: What I was seeing when I merged this
change was that every single line in the file was different---due to
to each '\n' having been converted to '\r\n'.

There's a setting in Eclipse which you can change to avoid this problem:

http://www.sics.se/node/2108