[messages] [Developers] Re: Tracker ids 3463, 3465 and 3472

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Mar 19 16:29:01 MST 2011

Thus spake bobd:
> Sorry about the newline thing, I will look at my other changes and make
> sure all are just LFs.
>
> I missed one issue in Vassal, Embelishment.oldGetType().  Nothing in
> Vassal uses it but I suppose some custom module might so I should make a
> change to that as well.  Sorry about that.

This is in reference to which of the three bugs?

I checked the log for Embellishment. Embellishment.Ed.oldGetType()
I deprecated in 4062, back in 2008. It might well have been an
oversight that I didn't also deprecate Embellishment.oldGetType() at the
same time.

Generally, we do want to keep deprecated code working until we remove
it, to give anything which depends on it time to stop relying on it.

> I haven't checked non-Vassal code for use of SequenceEncoder, which
> modules should I check?

Practically any module with custom Buildables would use it.