Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Mar 21 03:06:07 MST 2011

Thus spake bobd:
> wxWidgets seems to be highly regarded and has good Ruby bindings.

Yes, I've seen that wxWidgets has Java bindings as well.

> Or for real cross-platform development what about Javascript Vassal
> running in a browser!

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I detest browser-based
apps myself, as you get none of the advantages of a window manager and
all of the disadvantages of browser quirks. I've also not seen any
browser-based apps which can handle 3D smoothly. However, I can see the
appeal for people, so having something like that as one possible frontend
might be something we want to look into. I just don't want it to be the
only frontend.