[messages] [Module Design] First-timer designing module for BattleCON

3venge threevenge at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:29:26 MST 2011

Hello, I'm looking for a bit of help on designing a module for the demo
of Battlecon
http://www.battleconnection.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=view.download&catid=1&cid=1&Itemid=17
, a card game simulating a fighting game. I'm hoping to put together a
Vassal module for it to hopefully generate interest in the game and
maybe find more donations so it can be produced.

It seems like the module shouldn't be too difficult to create, with only
a handful of cards, a board, two markers and a handful of tokens. The
problem is my inexperience. Off the top of my head, functions that the
module needs to be conducted are:

-deck selection (the ability to choose between 4 different decks at the
start of the game)
-playing cards face-down without information being revealed
-a life counter starting at 20 that can be raised or lowered
- if possible, a way to move cards in discard pile #2 to hand and cards
from discard pile #1 to #2. Could be done manually of course.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, maybe pointing me to
modules who have these functions that I can look at is an option. Thanks
in advance.