[messages] Edit: [Module Design] Global keyboard shortcut or button

Timothy Mccarron timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 23 07:46:49 MST 2011

Lets say your visible shading uses the keyboard shortcut Ctrl A and you only
have one map called "Main Map" (the default name)

In the editor you would add a toolbar GKC (right clcik top of module tree and
select option "add Global Key Command"

Description field - A button that turns on/off visible shading for all pieces
Key Command - Ctrl A
Matching Properties - CurrentMap = Main Map
Within a Deck apply to - No Pieces
Button Text - Visible Shading
Tooltip text - same as description field
Button Icon - image your choice or leave blank
Hotkey - leave blank
Suppress individual reports? check mark on
Report format - whatever you want it to say

The important things are the Key Command field (must match) and the Matching
Properties field (you need to apply the effect against something). It doesnt
necessarily have to be against the map for example - it could be a defined
marker traits on pieces or it could be a zone / board / location, even a layer
level etc... but that is getting more in depth. For your purposes a marker trait
or a map is easiest to use